SHEAR Version 4
Triaxial • Direct Shear • Unconfined Compression Tests
- ASTM D2166
- ASTM D2850
- ASTM D3080
- ASTM D4767
- COE Test Procedures
This program reduces the data from triaxial shear, direct shear and unconfined compression tests. Support is included for triaxial pore pressure or drained test buret readings and for vertical deformation readings taken during direct shear testing. SHEAR is compatible with both Corps of Engineers and ASTM testing procedures and will also handle staged (single specimen, multiple shear runs at different normal or confining stresses) and geomembrane tests.
- Both Imperial and metric units are supported; data may be entered in one system and automatically converted to the other for reporting.
- Calculates UU, CU, CU with pore pressures, and CD triaxial tests.
- 3 triaxial test report formats
- Interactively adjust the strength tangent envelope
- Plot pore pressure versus strain and the stress path diagram for triaxial tests
- Calculates moisture, density, saturation and void ratio for initial, saturated, and consolidated phases
- Staged load ring constants are permitted, as well as separate constants for each specimen
- Direct shear and triaxial tests may have up to four specimens
- Four separate unconfined tests may be combined in a single report
- A data and results summary may be printed for each specimen
- Units of measure supported are cm, inches, lbs, gms, kN, psf, psi, ksf, tsf, ksi, kPa, and mPa
- Testing data can be imported from files created by a number of different data acquisition systems
- Click here to view a set of datafiles used to test SHEAR's calculations. (The calculations documented in these files can help you in manually verifying the program's correctness.)
SHEAR is site licensed. One license fee covers unlimited installations at a single address and there are no ongoing maintenance costs.