Sieve and Hydrometer Test Reporting
- ASTM C117
- ASTM C136
- ASTM D422 (retired)
- ASTM D1140
- ASTM D6913
- ASTM D7928
- AASHTO T-11
- AASHTO T-27
- Australian Standards 1726, 1141.11, 1141.12 & 12188.8.131.52
This program reduces the data from sieve and hydrometer tests. From the test data the software calculates fineness modulus, percentage diameters (e.g., D10, D30 and D60), coefficient of uniformity (Cu) and curvature (Cc), and fractional components (e.g., the percentage of cobbles, gravel, sand, silt and clay in the material tested). Fractional components can be calculated based on the cobbles/gravel/sand/silt/clay particle sizes dictated by the user's choice of ASTM, AASHTO, Wentworth, Burmister or Australian (AS 1726) standards.
If you're running other geotechnical laboratory tests in addition to sieves and hydrometers, be sure to check out one of our soil testing suites:
Support for sieve, hydrometer and Atterberg limits tests, along with automatic soil classification via USCS, AASHTO, Burmister and others.
All of the capabilities of CLSuite, plus Proctor (moisture-density) test support
Our full suite of geotechnical lab. test programs
- ASTM C136 • ASTM D422 • ASTM D1140 • ASTM D6913 • AASHTO T 11 • AASHTO T 27 • AASHTO T 88 • Australian Standard AS 1141.11 • State DOT StandardsASTM C136 • ASTM D422 • ASTM D1140 • AASHTO T 11 • AASHTO T 27 • AASHTO T 88 • Australian Standard AS 1141.11 • State DOT Standards
- Sieve tests can utilize multiple sample splits
- Conformance to specification can be reported for selected sieves
- Specifications are stored in a program-maintained database for reuse on subsequent tests
- A composite particle size distribution curve is built from sieve and hydrometer tests performed on a single split sample
- Fractional percentages (e.g., percent gravel, coarse, medium and fine sand, etc.) are calculated and reported. Percentages can be calculated using the particle size divisions specified by ASTM, AASHTO, Burmister, Wentworth, CanSIS, BS 5930 and others.
- Diameters at various retained percentages (e.g., D10, D30, D60), coefficients of concavity and uniformity (Cc and Cu) fineness modulus results are automatically calculated from the particle size distribution curve
- Curves may be plotted on semi-log, Wentworth (Phi), .45 power, log(size) vs. probability or linearly-scaled charts
- Charts can also include specification envelopes indicating conformance to user-entered specifications
All GEOSYSTEM programs are site licensed. One license fee covers unlimited installations at a single address and there are no ongoing maintenance costs.