System Requirements for GEOSYSTEM Programs
The software is supported on the following x86 operating systems:
- Windows 10, all editions, 32 and 64-bit versions
- Windows 8 and 8.1, all editions, 32 and 64-bit versions in Desktop mode
- Windows 7, all editions, 32 and 64-bit versions
- Windows Vista, all editions, 32 and 64-bit versions
- Windows XP all editions, 32 and 64-bit versions
- The list gives Windows systems that may be used to run GEOSYSTEM programs. The software may be installed on any Windows operating system (including any Windows Server variant) for the purpose of creating a network installation to be used by client computers running one of the operating systems listed above.
- We will begin eliminating support for computers running Windows XP at some point in the foreseeable future. Six months notice will be given via our web site prior to ceasing XP support.
- Any computer powerful enough to run one of the supported operating systems will suffice to run any GEOSYSTEM program.
- Minumum supported display resolution is 1024x768.
- GEOSYSTEM programs are not offered as Android or iPad apps.
The software may be installed on a file share served by any Windows operating system, including any Windows Server system. Linux, SAN and NAS servers may also be used to store GEOSYSTEM programs and/or their associated data files.
- We do not offer support on server configuration aspects involving GEOSYSTEM installations, including security setting recommendations.
- Please see our network installation support document for specific notes in using GEOSYSTEM applications in networked environments.
- Use of the software through a VPN is strongly discouraged and will not be supported.
- The software may be used through a Remote Desktop or Terminal Services arrangement, but support will not be provided on any facet of this deployment scenario.
- No networking system may be utilized to share a single installation of the software among computers at multiple sites. GEOSYSTEM programs are site licensed, meaning use of any given package is limited to the address at which it was licensed; use of that package on a computer located at another permanent office is a violation of our license agreement.