Adding Data Entry Fields to the Laboratory Testing Modules Entry Form
Background: When LOGDRAFT is used to enter data for the laboratory testing modules only the program utilizes a data entry form that includes prompts for location, sample number, depth and length and material description. Some users may want to place additional data entry fields on this form so that information such as unconfined compression, specific gravity, etc. may be entered. While this option isn't officially supported in this version of LOGDRAFT it is possible. Follow the instructions given below:
- Open up Windows Explorer and navigate to the directory where you've
installed your GEOSYSTEM package (usually this is
C:\PROGRAM FILES (x86)\GEOSYS). You must have Administrative rights to make this change unless you've installed the software to a network share.
- Look in the directory for a file called
GDMDFLT.DDT: Right-click on this file and select "Copy".
- Navigate to LOGDRAFT's "Shareable Config File" directory (see this link for help in finding the correct directory).
- Right-click anywhere in the directory and select "Paste".
- Right-click on the newly-pasted file and select "Rename" from the popup menu.
GDMDFLT.LDTas the new filename. Careful with the spelling! All you're trying to do is to change the first "D" after the period to an "L".
- Fire up LOGDRAFT then, from the opening screen, select "Tools" > "Data Entry Forms" In the following list of data entry forms you should now see one called "GDMDFLT": double-click on it to open it up.
- Click on the "Tabulated Data" tab and add your data entry fields. Two warnings apply: 1) Do not modify or delete any of the existing data entry fields. 2) Do not click on any of the other tabs ("Project Data", "Source Data" or "Form Settings").
- When you've made your additions, save the file and shut the drilling log program down.
- Go back to Windows Explorer and navigate back to the shareable config. file directory.
- Right-click on the
GDMDFLT.LDTfile, select "Rename" then change the file extension so the name returns to
- Right-click on
GDMDFLT.DDT, select "Cut".
- Navigate back to the program's installation directory.
- Right-click anywhere then select "Paste" and let Windows overwrite the existing file.
:Start LOGDRAFT and open a project that uses the laboratory testing data entry form: you should now see your new data entry fields.