Moving Samples Between Source Folders
Last Revised August 12, 2003
Background: Quite often we receive calls from clients who have entered one or more samples into the wrong material source folder.
Solution: An easy method for moving a sample to a different material source folder is detailed below. Note that this method will not move a sample to a different project (see this page instead) and will not move, e.g., just GRN-SIZE data while leaving the other tests in the original sample.
To move a sample to a different material source folder within the same project:
- Open the source folder where the sample currently resides.
- Each sample is entered onto a single numbered data entry card: click on the number. Doing this should highlight the entire card; if it doesn't, try again.
- Select "Edit" > "Cut Card".
- Open the source folder where the sample should be stored.
- Locate the first blank data entry card in the new folder then click on that card's number. Again, this should highlight the entire blank card.
- Select "Edit" > "Paste Card".