Creating a Desktop Shortcut for GEOSYSTEM for Windows Software
This document provides instructions on creating a desktop shortcut for GEOSYSTEM programs: Although the program's installer offers to create a shortcut on the desktop of the installing computer, if the user declines the option, or runs the software from another computer (over a network), it may be desirable to manually create the shortcut.
- Use Windows Explorer to navigate to the directory where the GEOSYSTEM program has been installed.
- Because you will be dragging a file from the Explorer to your desktop, if a portion of your desktop is not showing behind the Explorer panel, click on the Explorer panel's "un-maximize" button (this will be the middle button in the group shown at the top-right corner of the Explorer window).
- Select "View" > "Details"
- If you're creating a shortcut for the GEOSYSTEM lab. software, field density software or LOGDRAFT Boring Log package, locate a file with GDM in the Name column and Application in the Type column; if you're creating a shortcut for the Cement Products program, locate a file with CQC-CP in the Name column and Application in the Type column. Click on the file with your right mouse button then, while holding the button down, drag the mouse to your desktop.
- Release the right button while your mouse is over the desktop: this should display a menu with "Move Here", "Copy Here" and "Create Shortcut(s) Here" options. Select "Create Shortcut(s) Here".