As part of a boring log or profile report LOGDRAFT can produce a legend listing descriptions for each of the stratigraphy patterns and sampler symbols used on the log. Some reports, like the profile sample shown in this figure, include the legend on the same page as the subsurface data. Alternatively, LOGDRAFT can add one or more separate pages of legend to your standard boring log reports by using a special form designed just for printing legends (like the one shown in this figure). These legends are automatically printed after your regular boring logs or profiles are generated.
LOGDRAFT gets the descriptions printed next to each symbol along with the notes shown on the bottom of the legend page from a legend file. Multiple legend files are supported, so, for example, you can have one set of symbols and descriptions for jobs done for the Corps of Engineers, a second set of symbols and descriptions to match that those used by your state transportation department and a third set for private clients.
- The lists of stratigraphy patterns shown in the STRATA Selection Dialog and those shown in the Sampler Selection Dialog are also taken from a legend file.
- Making a Custom Legend File
- Changing Back to the Default Legend File
- Editing a Legend File
- Editing Stratigraphy Legend Descriptions
- Editing Sampler Type Legend Descriptions
- Monitoring Well Schematics and Legends
- Descriptions for Miscellaneous Graphics Symbols (e.g., groundwater and caving symbols)
- Legend Notes
- Printing a Comprehensive Legend