All new projects start out by sharing the same set of legend descriptions and notes -- these come from the default legend file. Since not all projects use the same set of symbols, descriptions and legend notes, LOGDRAFT incorporates an option to associate a custom legend file with any project. Custom legend files are used if you need to use a non-standard set of descriptions for a single project; they also give you the option of creating a set of symbol descriptions and legend notes for a specific client and reusing those descriptions on future projects performed for the same client.
- Until you create a custom legend file for a given project that project will use the descriptions and legend notes from the program's default legend file.
To create a custom legend file for a project:
- Create or open the project.
- Choose Legend > Create a Custom Legend for this Project.
If this option isn't available then the project already has a custom legend. Follow the steps given this section to change the project back to using the default legend, after which you can return to this step.
- This option will also be unavailable if you've opened the project in read-only mode.
- Copy another project's legend file allows you to create a custom legend file for the project based upon the contents of another project's custom legend file.